Chestnuts & Pinecones
Our Nursery for 3-4 year olds
Welcome to Chestnuts and Pinecones! In our vibrant Nursery for 3-4 year olds, children thrive in an environment that has high expectations, encourages independence, promotes exploration and is rich in language and imagination. Everything we do in Chestnuts is wrapped up and delivered with nurture, love and care.
Your child will love exploring all the areas of learning available in Chestnuts. We have two lovely, cosy classrooms with lots of windows which let in beautiful, natural light. Each room has lots of resources to choose from, including; small world characters, animals and vehicles, a dolls house, a drawing and writing area, a maths area, wooden blocks, a home corner with real cups and saucers, kitchen utensils and clothes to dress up in, and a gorgeous reading area with lots of books, puppets and props to aid story retelling.
As well as these areas, children also have opportunities to have more ‘messy’ type play, with water trays, paints and crafts and playdough to really spark their interest and work on fine motor skills.
Outside we have space to ride scooters and balance bikes, a faux grass area where we can relax, play ring games or build large models with our construction blocks. We also have a mud kitchen, a grassy hill with a lookout tower at the top and a huge sand pit too, its almost like being on the beach!
We are lucky to have a team of very experienced early years practitioners who have the understanding, skill and passion to ensure that your child receives the best possible experience during their time with us. If you ever have any questions, worries or concerns, we are always here to help.
We offer 15 hours of Nursery provision through five morning or five afternoon sessions.
We also offer 30 hour places to eligible families. These are full time sessions across five days.
All our sessions are term time only.
For more details on admissions or for how to check eligibility for 30 hour places, please visit our Early Years Admissions area of the website.
Morning Sessions are 8:30-11:30
Afternoon Sessions are: 12:30-3:30
Full Time Sessions are 8:30-3:30
What does my child need to bring to the session?
- Children attending full time sessions need to bring a healthy packed lunch each day.
- All children should bring a water bottle with their name on.
- In hot weather, come to school wearing factor 50 sun cream and also bring a sun hat.
- In cold weather your child will need a hat, gloves and scarf.
- A waterproof coat and wellies are really important as we spend lots of time outside.
- We strongly encourage all families to try to toilet train their child before they join us in Chestnuts. However, if your child is not quite there yet, please ensure you pack nappies and wipes in your child's bag each day.
- Please try to leave dummies and comforters at home. We also do not allow children to bring toys or other items from home into Nursery as we have a very large space and we would hate for anything special to get lost.
- A healthy snack of fruit, bagels and milk is provided each day, free of charge. Please do not send any other food items into Nursery.