Through participation in sport, children are encouraged to develop a growth mindset. This is the belief that they can improve and develop their abilities and talents through effort and by embracing new challenges.
At Woodlands Primary School, we use a high quality company called 'Primary Sports Coaches' to plan and deliver our PE curriculum.
Bridging the Gap
The sky has no limits. Neither should you.
Our PE Curriculum Intent is to:
- inspire and motivate children to lead a healthy and active lifestyle, that incorporates good physical and mental wellbeing.
- develop social skills and attributes which focus on teamwork and successful communication that can be transferable in future life.
- develop a solid foundation of Fundamental Movement Skills, transitioning into Sport Specific Skills, incorporating the tactical understanding of a variety of sports.
- inspire and motivate children to achieve their personal best in every sporting activity.
- provide life skill training focused around activity including swimming and cycling.
- provide opportunity to access extracurricular provisions and external events at aspirational venues and develop pathway for children to access local clubs/provisions in the immediate area to further development out of a school setting.
- explore the opportunities of Sport and Exercise outside sporting excellence.
- prepare children for the Physical Literacy/Educational demands of secondary school.